Planning your own wedding can be a very rewarding and a stressful experience all at the same time. Although you can always acquire the services of a wedding planner, there’s nothing more fantastic than the experience of taking a hands-on approach on planning this event.
If you want to take a DIY approach to wedding planning, below are some tips that can help you out.
1. Create a checklist – having a checklist in handy helps you keep organized and focused when planning your wedding. That way, you can track whether you left out something or not and it also helps prevent you from making unnecessary and unplanned expenses.
2. Prepare a list of contact details – from your tailor to the venue, you should always have a list of their contact details. Share it with your partner so that the two of you can call the offices for follow-ups before the day itself.
3. Make a list of your guests – having this kind of list will help you estimate how many guests you are planning to invite. This will also help in determining how many guests you can actually invite depending on your budget.
4. Come up with a budget – from the clothes to the food, you should have a list of your projected expenses for the wedding preparations. You should also remember to add a buffer of several extra dollars just in case unexpected expenses come up.
5. Prepare a program for your reception – wedding receptions are boring if you only spend the time eating. So make sure to come up with a program for your reception. Make it something creative and something that will be memorable not only for you but for your guests as well.
Wedding Guide Related Articles
- Reasons To Choose Monogram Wedding Cake Toppers For Your Wedding Cake
- 4 Reasons to Choose Your Dress From Discounted Wedding Dresses
- 4 Things To Consider With Wedding Cake Icing
- 4 Tips For Making The Best Wedding Cake
- 4 Ways To Choose Between Bridal Gown Designers
- 5 Ideas For Wedding Reception Table Decorations
- 5 Tips For Planning A Cheap Wedding Reception
- 5 Tips For Planning A Wedding
- 7 Important Steps Of The Christian Wedding Ceremony
- Bridesmaid Dress Conflicts and Resolving Them
- Choosing a DJ for your Wedding Reception
- Choosing a Wedding Caterer
- Choosing a Wedding Gown
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Wedding Attendants
- Choosing Your Wedding Gown
- Getting a Wedding Photographer
- Greek Wedding Checklist
- Holiday Wedding Favors
- Ideas for Wedding Party Gifts
- Introduction to Weddings
- Other Wedding Jobs for Friends
- Planning Your Wedding
- Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
- Selecting Flowers for a Wedding
- Small Wedding Receptions 5 Tips To Consider
- The World’s Different Wedding Customs and Traditions
- Tips on Buying a Wedding Ring
- Tips on Buying an Engagement Ring
- Wedding Invitations
- Why Get a Wedding Planner?
- Your Wedding Reception Food