Greece is a beautiful place to have your wedding. The wonderful beaches and fantastic sunsets make a Greece a romantic getaway.
Santorini, Greece is a beautiful travel destination to have your wedding. Those traveling to Greece can arrange to obtain their marriage license from their current place of residence, prior to coming to Greece. If you are planning on a civil ceremony then you will want to contact the mayor of the community. If you are planning on a religious ceremony then you will want to contact the head of your religious authority and have them help you set up the wedding ceremony properly. Some couples are already married and come to Santorini just to renew their wedding vows in a quiet spiritual place.
So here is where you start your wedding checklist;
1. Set a wedding date and time.
2. Setup your travel and hotel arrangements in advance.
3. Decide if you will be hiring a wedding planner or whether you will be doing the wedding arrangements yourself. If you are handling all the wedding arrangements then you will want to make sure that you have
4. Setup the wedding ceremony location, chosen your reception area, mail out your wedding invitations,
and setup your wedding gift registry. (If traveling overseas then make sure you have your birth certificates, passports, and your wedding license paperwork completed.)
5. Buy your wedding dress, decide on what flowers you will need from the florist, and arrange for a wedding
cake and beverage refreshments to be delivered to the wedding reception area.
6. Coordinate your wedding pictures and videos by hiring a photographer or enlist a friend who has talent in this area.
7. You will need to choose the music for your special wedding day.
It is best to start writing down your To-Do list now. The starting list items above are the first things that should be done in the planning stages six to twelve months before the wedding day itself.
Other important things for your checklist include planning a budget, choosing the wedding party and ordering the invitations. You also need to make arrangements for a wedding dress, hairdressing and makeup. Not forgetting that you also need to arrange for co-coordinated clothing for your wedding attendants and, of course, you need to arrange the all-important wedding rings with a jeweler.
All of the above major things should be arranged as early as possible so that you have plenty of time for the small details later.
Don't forget to ensure that you put reminders on your list for closer to the date. Reminders for ordering your wedding flowers, the wedding cake, addressing and sending invitations, a final fitting for the wedding dress and groom's outfit and placing a wedding announcement in the local press etc.
About a month to six weeks before your big day you should go over your wedding checklist to make absolutely sure you haven't forgotten anything.
There are, of course, many more things than those listed above that you will need to put on your specific wedding planning checklist that are personal to your wedding, but the above will give you an idea of the things you need to include.
Remember, as long as you keep yourself organized with a checklist and give yourself plenty of time to complete each task, you'll have the ultimate reward of a happier and more stress-free wedding day.