Wedding cake icing seems like a small and relatively unimportant part of the overall wedding planning process. Most want their cake to look good, but are more worried about the cost of the cake, the amount of cake available, and the flavor of the cake. The frosting will actually affect most of these aspects of the cake. Icing will affect the cost of the cake and the flavor of the cake. This highlights the importance of your wedding cake frosting choices. These four aspects to consider will help you to be creative while finding the best look and flavor for your cake.
Fondant has been on the wedding cake market for some time. Many use Fondant for their cakes to give them a clean and modern look. Fondant may be perfect for your wedding cake. The fondant icing is edible, and will give your cake the elegant look and feel that it needs.
Flavor the Icing
One thing that you may want to consider with your icing is the flavor. Most will stick with the usual flavors found in icings. These flavors are well known, and are found in basic icings such as buttercream icing or royal icing. If you want to try something new, flavor these icings with new or unusual frostings. Some will use extracts, such as almond extract or lemon extract, to give the frosting more flavor.
Use Interesting Colors
Many will stick with the basic white color for the frosting for their wedding cakes. One of the easiest ways to be creative with wedding cakes is to deviate from this tradition. Try colored frosting or colored fondant to give your cake a more unique feel.
Play With the Cake Type
Wedding cakes generally stick with plain flavors to ensure that all of their guests can find a flavor that they enjoy. One of the best ways to have a unique cake is to play with the type of cake that you have for your wedding cake. Try different flavors for different cake tiers. Try new and interesting flavors that you may not usually consider. Then, play with the frosting flavors. Use the frosting flavor to play off of the cake flavor. This juxtaposition will give your wedding cake a unique taste.
There are multiple options for you to choose from for the icing for your wedding cake . Most will go with the usual buttercream icing or royal icing. Many fail to realize that they can spice up these usual frostings with flavors and colors. The theme and colors of your wedding may be a perfect guide for you to tweak and change your frosting.
Take a risk with your wedding cake by making it stand out. By breaking the norms and thinking out of the box, you can have an interesting and memorable wedding cake.
Wedding Guide Related Articles
- Reasons To Choose Monogram Wedding Cake Toppers For Your Wedding Cake
- 4 Reasons to Choose Your Dress From Discounted Wedding Dresses
- 4 Things To Consider With Wedding Cake Icing
- 4 Tips For Making The Best Wedding Cake
- 4 Ways To Choose Between Bridal Gown Designers
- 5 Ideas For Wedding Reception Table Decorations
- 5 Tips For Planning A Cheap Wedding Reception
- 5 Tips For Planning A Wedding
- 7 Important Steps Of The Christian Wedding Ceremony
- Bridesmaid Dress Conflicts and Resolving Them
- Choosing a DJ for your Wedding Reception
- Choosing a Wedding Caterer
- Choosing a Wedding Gown
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Wedding Attendants
- Choosing Your Wedding Gown
- Getting a Wedding Photographer
- Greek Wedding Checklist
- Holiday Wedding Favors
- Ideas for Wedding Party Gifts
- Introduction to Weddings
- Other Wedding Jobs for Friends
- Planning Your Wedding
- Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
- Selecting Flowers for a Wedding
- Small Wedding Receptions 5 Tips To Consider
- The World’s Different Wedding Customs and Traditions
- Tips on Buying a Wedding Ring
- Tips on Buying an Engagement Ring
- Wedding Invitations
- Why Get a Wedding Planner?
- Your Wedding Reception Food