While weddings are held in celebration of the union of the couple, different cultures approach this ceremony differently. Sure, there are some similarities there are still subtle differences that set one culture from another.
Here are some ways different cultures celebrate their weddings as well as some traditions that each culture initiated.
1. Philippines – typical weddings in the Philippines include customs such as the bride disallowed from meeting the groom a day before their wedding. Doing so means bad luck according to them. Then there’s the belief that siblings cannot get married on the same year because one of them will meet an accident if they do.
2. Germany – this is where the idea of having a best man is said to have begun. In ancient Germany, some grooms kidnapped women from other villages to make them their wives. A trusted aide helps them do this and accompanies the groom during the ceremony to fight off any relatives who interfere with the ceremony.
3. China – traditional Chinese weddings require the bride to change three times during the ceremony! Then there’s the requirement of colors gold and red when wrapping a gift. They are said to symbolize wealth and happiness to the couple.
4. Mexico – during the reception, the couple’s guests form a heart-shaped barrier around the couple. The newlyweds will then do their first dance inside this heart.
5. Poland – is where the tradition of pinning money on the newlyweds’ clothes while dancing began. It has since been practiced by different cultures around the world.
Wedding Guide Related Articles
- Reasons To Choose Monogram Wedding Cake Toppers For Your Wedding Cake
- 4 Reasons to Choose Your Dress From Discounted Wedding Dresses
- 4 Things To Consider With Wedding Cake Icing
- 4 Tips For Making The Best Wedding Cake
- 4 Ways To Choose Between Bridal Gown Designers
- 5 Ideas For Wedding Reception Table Decorations
- 5 Tips For Planning A Cheap Wedding Reception
- 5 Tips For Planning A Wedding
- 7 Important Steps Of The Christian Wedding Ceremony
- Bridesmaid Dress Conflicts and Resolving Them
- Choosing a DJ for your Wedding Reception
- Choosing a Wedding Caterer
- Choosing a Wedding Gown
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Wedding Attendants
- Choosing Your Wedding Gown
- Getting a Wedding Photographer
- Greek Wedding Checklist
- Holiday Wedding Favors
- Ideas for Wedding Party Gifts
- Introduction to Weddings
- Other Wedding Jobs for Friends
- Planning Your Wedding
- Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
- Selecting Flowers for a Wedding
- Small Wedding Receptions 5 Tips To Consider
- The World’s Different Wedding Customs and Traditions
- Tips on Buying a Wedding Ring
- Tips on Buying an Engagement Ring
- Wedding Invitations
- Why Get a Wedding Planner?
- Your Wedding Reception Food