The engagement ring is given by a groom to-be to his future wife as a symbol agreement of marriage between the two of them. Its use dates back to the time of the ancient Romans when men gave their future brides, not a fancy ring made of expensive metal, but an iron hoop.
It’s a good thing that times have changed now and that engagement rings already have a touch of class in them. However, buying one can be a confusing task for the man, especially if he has no idea about rings and even precious metals and gemstones. Here’s a guide to help the clueless men out there.
1. Take the girlfriend out shopping. While shopping for other things, the man can try bringing his girlfriend somewhere near rings are being sold. Pass by a shop and pretend to look at them. More often than not, the woman will give her opinion on what she thinks looks best among those on display. This will give the man a hint on what to buy.
2. While number 1 is lame, the man can also look into his girlfriend’s sense of style. If she likes fancy dresses, then the man should get a fancy ring that will surely, well, tickle her fancy. Otherwise, a simple ring will do.
3. But if all else fails, it would be better for men to bring their girlfriends along when buying the ring so men can be sure what their women will like. However, they should at least find creative ways of doing this rather than simply saying, “Come on honey, let’s buy you an engagement ring.”
Wedding Guide Related Articles
- Reasons To Choose Monogram Wedding Cake Toppers For Your Wedding Cake
- 4 Reasons to Choose Your Dress From Discounted Wedding Dresses
- 4 Things To Consider With Wedding Cake Icing
- 4 Tips For Making The Best Wedding Cake
- 4 Ways To Choose Between Bridal Gown Designers
- 5 Ideas For Wedding Reception Table Decorations
- 5 Tips For Planning A Cheap Wedding Reception
- 5 Tips For Planning A Wedding
- 7 Important Steps Of The Christian Wedding Ceremony
- Bridesmaid Dress Conflicts and Resolving Them
- Choosing a DJ for your Wedding Reception
- Choosing a Wedding Caterer
- Choosing a Wedding Gown
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Wedding Attendants
- Choosing Your Wedding Gown
- Getting a Wedding Photographer
- Greek Wedding Checklist
- Holiday Wedding Favors
- Ideas for Wedding Party Gifts
- Introduction to Weddings
- Other Wedding Jobs for Friends
- Planning Your Wedding
- Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
- Selecting Flowers for a Wedding
- Small Wedding Receptions 5 Tips To Consider
- The World’s Different Wedding Customs and Traditions
- Tips on Buying a Wedding Ring
- Tips on Buying an Engagement Ring
- Wedding Invitations
- Why Get a Wedding Planner?
- Your Wedding Reception Food