The Christian wedding ceremony is an important ceremony for those who celebrate this religion. The ceremony is filled with multiple steps that are an important for the religion and for the couple involved. Those who do not follow the Christian faith may be a little confused by the entire ceremony. If you are going to attend a Christian wedding, you will want to know what you should expect. These are seven of the most important steps of the wedding for this religion.
Important Family Members are Seated
The first part of the actual processional includes the important family members of those who are to be married. This includes the parents and grandparents of both the bride and groom. It may include aunts and uncles who have been an important part of the lives of the bride and groom as well.
The processional is the most well known part of the Christian wedding. The processional introduces the wedding part and eventually introduces the bride and groom to the wedding ceremony.
Most Christian weddings will have a prayer directly following the processional. This prayer will change based on the wishes of the bride and groom, and the priest that is performing the ceremony. Those who are uncomfortable with prayer from other religions should know that the prayer will be said out loud to the entire group.
The Pledge and the Wedding Vows
The bride and groom will then pledge to the congregation that they are willfully going through the wedding ceremony. They will then exchange wedding vows. While some will choose to stick with the usual wedding vows, others will write their own vows. They may do this with the usual vows, or in place of the usual vows.
The couple will then go through the usual ring exchange of the wedding. Some couples will choose to say their own vows during this time instead of replacing the usual wedding vows.
The Unity Candle is not always a part of the Christian wedding. Some couples will choose to light a candle together before their wedding ceremony has finished. This is a symbolic tradition that shows the unity of the couple as they start their journey together.
Prayer and Presentation
The priest will then say a final prayer to bless the new couple. The groom will then be told that he can kiss his bride. The couple is presented as a couple for the first time, and will then exit the church.
There are multiple steps to the Christian wedding ceremony. While some steps are staples in every ceremony, others may change depending on the wedding. There will be different rituals and traditions that some may use during their weddings. With that being said, these steps will give you a good idea as to what to expect when you attend this wedding.
Wedding Guide Related Articles
- Reasons To Choose Monogram Wedding Cake Toppers For Your Wedding Cake
- 4 Reasons to Choose Your Dress From Discounted Wedding Dresses
- 4 Things To Consider With Wedding Cake Icing
- 4 Tips For Making The Best Wedding Cake
- 4 Ways To Choose Between Bridal Gown Designers
- 5 Ideas For Wedding Reception Table Decorations
- 5 Tips For Planning A Cheap Wedding Reception
- 5 Tips For Planning A Wedding
- 7 Important Steps Of The Christian Wedding Ceremony
- Bridesmaid Dress Conflicts and Resolving Them
- Choosing a DJ for your Wedding Reception
- Choosing a Wedding Caterer
- Choosing a Wedding Gown
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Wedding Attendants
- Choosing Your Wedding Gown
- Getting a Wedding Photographer
- Greek Wedding Checklist
- Holiday Wedding Favors
- Ideas for Wedding Party Gifts
- Introduction to Weddings
- Other Wedding Jobs for Friends
- Planning Your Wedding
- Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
- Selecting Flowers for a Wedding
- Small Wedding Receptions 5 Tips To Consider
- The World’s Different Wedding Customs and Traditions
- Tips on Buying a Wedding Ring
- Tips on Buying an Engagement Ring
- Wedding Invitations
- Why Get a Wedding Planner?
- Your Wedding Reception Food